Unit 3 Research Paper Essay Reflection Statement

Essay 3 Reflection:

Being able to apply my knowledge of terrorism and its widespread effects, helped me grasp and gain a deeper understanding when researching of Al-Qaeda’s militancy towards the foreign world, its influence, how counterproductive their attacks were in the long run, and its lasting effects on terror within the Middle East and Western nations. Using the useful tool of hypophora, the rhetorical device, posing a question that the reader/ intended audience may be perplexed about and responding helped me engage back lingering questions and provided clarification within the commentary of the responses within my analysis. Which also may have carried any weakness or shortcoming, or not have been able to include before, to provide a full description and justification of its significance to the inquiry questions. This is expressed with how exactly the Jihad movement carried out by the extremist Islamic terrorist group (Al-Qaeda) became the resulting factor of leading aggression to the U.S, and Western nations, and how the U.S. embassy and Western nations responded and retaliated to Al-Qaeda as a result after falling from its initial status, and reverse the misfortune that brought distress upon many people to overcome any future cases. Using another different rhetorical device, through the helpful gadget of analogy, I was able to implement the idea of comparing two partially similar events to show the intended reader/ audience the resemblance but also its recognizably different aspects of both the devastation of 9/11 and the attacks the World Trade Center has encountered. Illustrating these commonly popular, and familiar events has hindered the primary objective of Al-Qaeda the extremist terrorist group, and its attempts of bombings and attacks being publicized actually lead to being counterproductive towards its initial intention in the first place, and sub-consequently proceeded to put Al-Quaeda in a position where they had created a huge target on they’re back, that was irreversible. Lastly, given the opportunity to use the antithesis of pairing opposite ideas in a parallel manner I was able to show the contrast of the links between terror, and the war on terror, and how it directly correlates to its negative impact on employment rates.